Hike to Stiles Falls @ Camp Alta Mons
- Date: This is an ongoing activity that will be occurring periodically throughout the festival.
- Registration: Not Required
- Hosted By: Camp Alta Mons
- Location: Camp Alta Mons; 2842 Crockett Springs Road Shawsville, VA 24162
- Ages: All Ages
Questions About the Event?
- Event Lead: Meredith Simmons
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (540) 268-2409
Alta Mons is home to Stiles Falls, a beautiful 40 foot waterfall. Hiking to the falls is open to the public everyday, except during summer camp, winter camp and bad weather (snow and ice). We do ask that visitors park at the front of the property and walk to the trail head. From the parking area to the falls and back is about 3 miles round trip. There are directional signs around camp and the trail is blazed in white. The trail crosses the creek 3 times and ends with a rock scramble. Dogs are allowed, but please keep them on a leash and clean up after them. Pack out what you pack in from the trail, and pick up any extra trash that you may find.