The Blue Ridge Parkway is Open for Outdoor Fun
- Date: This is an ongoing activity that will be occurring periodically throughout the festival.
- Registration: Not Required
- Hosted By: Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Location: Blue Ridge Parkway
- Ages: All Ages
Questions About the Event?
- Event Lead: Roanoke Chapter of the Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (540) 772-2992
Hike! Picnic! Bike! Walk! Run! Drive!
Come hike, picnic, bike, walk, run, or have a beautiful fall drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway right here in the Valley. The Chestnut Ridge Trail (mile marker 120.5) access at the Chestnut Ridge Overlook, is the closest to Roanoke City. Many others are nearby. Check out this listing. https://www.blueridgeparkway.org/hiking/
The picnic area at Roanoke Mountain up the road from the Mill Mountain Star and has many tables and restroom facilities. It is near the Chestnut Ridge Overlook, and has a paved loop for running, easy walking, or wheelchairs.
NOTE: At the time of this writing, there are some road closures on the Parkway. The section between Explore Park and US route 220 is currently closed may be open by mid-October. The section of the Parkway between US 220 and Bent Mountain/Adney Gap is closed for the foreseeable future. Roanoke Mountain Road Loop with a overlook of the Roanoke Valley is closed for the foreseeable future.
For more information about the Blue Ridge Parkway see: https://www.blueridgeparkway.org
For information about the Roanoke Chapter, or general information about the Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway contact email@example.com