River Rock Painting
- Date: This is an ongoing activity that will be occurring periodically throughout the festival.
- Registration: Not Required
- Hosted By: Camp Bethel Outdoors
- Location: Camp Bethel Outdoors Booth
- Ages: All Ages
Questions About the Event?
- Event Lead: Kathleen Nettnin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (540) 992-2940
Using river rocks to create paint
The Camp Bethel Outdoors booth will offer "River Rock Painting" (using rocks to create paint - not painting on rocks) as an activity for visitors to enjoy. At camp, one of our campers' favorite activities is creek exploration. Campers can typically spend several hours splashing in the creek, finding creek critters, and rock painting. Campers love when they find out you can turn river rocks in to paint with just a little bit of water and some friction. After that, campers will emerge from the creeks with their faces, arms, and legs adorned with markings made from the colors of the creek. At Go Fest, we will bring a selection of rocks from Camp Bethel creeks that produce different colors and a shallow bin of water so that visitors can learn to rock paint.