Wilderness First Aid Skills
- Date: This is an ongoing activity that will be occurring periodically throughout the festival.
- Registration: Not Required
- Location: Online wilderness first aid educational program
- Ages: All Ages
Questions About the Event?
- Event Lead: Stephanie Lareau
- Email: Stephanie@blueridgeadventuremed.com
- Phone: (704) 661-0083
by Blue Ridge Adventure Medicine
Do you enjoy being outside? Are you prepared in the event of an accident or emergency? As medical professionals, we encourage everyone to take a first aid and cpr class before venturing out into the wilderness. However, we realize courses are costly, time consuming and can be difficult to find, especially with COVID. Three 4th year medical students at VT Carilion put together this 2 hour and 45 minute course for VT Wildlife and Fish Graduate students. It's got lots of great information for all outdoor enthusiasts and is FREE - so please enjoy - and feel free to contact us to set up a certification course or to ask any questions you make have. In support of Project Outside by Roanoke Outside Foundation if you watch the video and find it useful, we encourage you to make a donation to Project Outside to help support our outdoor resources in the region.