Foam Rolling Clinic
- Oct 15th: 11:00 am - 11:30 am
- Registration: Not Required
- Hosted By: Fleet Feet Roanoke
- Location: Fleet Feet Tents near the library
- Ages: All Ages
Questions About the Event?
- Event Lead: Bobbie Grimes
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (540) 777-1166
Hosted by Fleet Feet & Bryan Swann
Join Bryan Swann, a certified Personal Trainer, for a foam rolling clinic!
Using a foam roller is a good way to loosen up before a workout and reduce muscle soreness afterwards.
What is foam rolling?
Considered a self-myofascial release (SMR) technique, foam rolling is when you use a foam tube to alleviate muscle tightness, soreness and inflammation. It can also help improve your range of motion.
By using a foam roller, you can apply pressure and massage the area by rolling the tool back and forth. This can be helpful before you start a workout.
What are the benefits of foam rolling?
Even if you don’t exercise, foam rolling can be helpful for people who sit at a desk or stand all day. Foam roller benefits include:
- Ease muscle pain and soreness.
- Reduce muscle inflammation.
- Increase range of motion.
- Increase blood flow to muscles.
- Aid in muscle recovery.
- Aid in relaxation.