GO Quest – Epic Team Challenge
This is a brand new 2020 event created as a unique way to challenge and bring friends together, when they might not be able to physically be near one another. Teams of up to eight individuals will have exactly 72-hours, October 16-18, to complete 40+ missions. Some of these missions are specific to the Roanoke Region of Virginia, but others can be done anywhere in the world – so your team members don’t all have to live locally.
Feel the GO Fest spirit as you venture from one mission to the next. You’ll keep up with competitors on the social feed and track your progress on the GO Quest leader-board, all on the app.
Find up to 7 other people (8 including you!) to form your team. These can be your quaranteam here in town, or you can team up from afar! These missions can be completed together or separately. Pick a team captain who will create the team in the registration portal, but each of you will need to register separately and “join” the appropriate team.
The missions will range in difficulty level and point value. Examples of missions include hiking/running the Roanoke 7 Summits, participating in a GO Fest scheduled activity like a bike clinic, completing your own beer mile, trash tag, or cooking a tasty treat out of something you find in nature.
Registration & Details
Once you register your team of up to eight people, you will receive instructions on how to download an app that will facilitate the quest. 12 hours before the quest begins you receive access to all the missions so your team can strategize. When it’s time for the quest to begin, the event will go live on the app and you’ll have 72 hours to complete as much as you can! You choose your level of adventure!
- Each mission will have a requirement that proves you completed the mission, whether that be a GPS location check-in, or submitting photo or video.
- All missions must be completed in real time.
- The top teams with the most points at the end will win awesome outdoor prizes.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020: 5:00pm – Last chance to register your team members. Registration closes.
- Thursday, October 15, 2020: 12:00pm (noon) – Receive the full list of missions for a 12-hour team planning period.
- Friday, October 16, 2020: 12:00am (midnight)– When the clock strikes midnight the clock begins. You and your team have 72 hours to complete as many missions as possible.
- Sunday, October 18, 2020 11:59am (midnight) – When the clock strikes midnight on Sunday night then your time is up! All of your Goose Chase app submissions must be 100% complete by this time.
- Monday, October 19, 2020 5:00pm – The GO Fest team will then review the submissions within the app and annouce the winners of the various categories by 5pm.